Friday, February 12, 2010

Eulogy to the Unborn

You'll not get to run through the green with bare feet,
Or see the white puffs in the blue.
But now you can run and fall at His feet,
And give Him the credit He's due.

You'll give no account for the word or deed;
For the thoughts that were formed from within.
You went home to the Lord while still as a seed,
Being chosen, He covered your sin.

The Kingdom, for me, is dark through the glass,
Yet, you see the truth face to face.
But my fleshly vision will very soon pass,
Then, I too will see by His grace.

The truth is unknown. Were you sister or brother?
You left with the story untold.
Perhaps you were taken to stay with each other;
Two lambs in the heavenly fold.

For now I will keep both your memories with me
And think of the place where you are.
Then I'll know for sure, that one day we'll see
Each other, in a better place by far.

Dedicated to the Campbell children who are patiently waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment