Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Saw The Sun

I saw the sun one early morn
While going on my way.
Like light the instant one is born,
The sun is to each day.
The pains of birth are to the mother,
And so the child alike.
The one gives lifeblood to the other
And makes it's heart to strike.

As I continued on my path,
And as the sun rose higher
The world was given a shining bath;
A cleansing, as with fire.
The early childhood of the day
Was warm, and bright, and pleasant.
The morn that kept the heat at bay
Was soon to turn adolescent.

At noon the sun beat on my back
And scorched the desert sand.
I realized now I'd lost my track
In this wasted barren land.
The anger of the sun I felt.
It brought despair, then fear.
I stopped, I bowed, and then I knelt
And hoped that God would hear.


By evening time the sun had dropped;
Was sinking in the west.
I slowed my pace, and then I stopped
And sat to take a rest.
I fell asleep. I had a dream.
I walked beside a clear blue stream.
The grass was green. The flowers bloomed.
The clouds were drifting by.
But deep inside I felt so doomed;
Like I was going to die.

Then I awoke and looked around,
And there beside me on the ground;
A body lying in the dust.
The sun had turned the skin to crust.
The face I saw I knew so well.
I hung my head and cried.
For long ago within this hell...
It burned me till I died.

No comments:

Post a Comment