Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Keep

If one thinks they know me, then they are deceived.
There's part of me they'll never find.
There is a dark fortress which I have perceived,
Somewhere in the depths of my mind.

Did I build the structure? I hardly can say.
Apparently somebody did.
I stumbled upon it while searching one day.
Before, it had always been hid.

The way it is structured is much like a Keep.
It's built to keep something inside.
The walls appear sturdy, the foundations deep.
Within are the thoughts I must hide.

If walls ever crumble, or foundations break,
And mortar succumbs to decay,
My life, all that wickedness will overtake.
I shudder to think that it may!

One day they may gut me, or study my bones,
My brain undergo a disection.
As long as the Spirit will strengthen the stones
The world will have one less infection.

1 comment:

  1. "Poetry - sheer poetry." - Ralphie's teacher in The Christmas Story

    ReplyDelete