Friday, January 22, 2010

Thoughtless Decision

Feel the breeze?
Smell the storm.
Touch the rain with your hand.
See the trees?
The sun is warm.
Dig your toes in the sand.

To climb in the trees,
To play in the mud,
To go on a trip to the zoo,
To fall on my knees,
To see my own blood,
Are things that I never will do.

Birds and bees,
Children at play,
A family out on a hike.
Remember these,
And then one day,
Please tell me what they are like.

A secret crush,
The High School dance,
Expectancies of the first date.
But I must hush.
I have no chance.
Another has chosen my fate.

The one that I know
Just didn't know me,
But, maybe I caused her some harm.
Before I could grow,
She had to be free.
Then somehow I sensed an alarm!

I struggled about,
But I had no voice.
Then came an unnatural division.
An easy way out,
A terminal choice,
Someone made a thoughtless decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment